This first aid course teaches you the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid. The training covers first aid response, performing CPR and life support. You will also learn how to manage a first aid incident, casualties and other first aiders until medical assistance arrives.
The first aid skills and knowledge you gain in this course can be applied in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. Your skills should be contextualised for your specific industry, enterprise or workplace requirements to address specific risks, hazards and associated injuries.
On successful completion, you will be issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
NOTE: the Safe Work Australia First Aid Model Code of Practice requires employers to ensure that their nominated first aiders attend training on a regular basis to remain current. The Code of Practice recommends that refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually from the date of issue to maintain currency. and the certification should be renewed every three years from the date of issue to maintain currency.
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for first aid response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform cardiopulmonary
- Resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation
- Council (ARC)
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers
- Involved in critical incidents
- Participate in debriefing to address individual needs
By the completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incidents and own performance
Program of Study
- Students will be provided with access to our online portal to complete the theory assessment (A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions) prior to the face to face day. (8 hours) Face to face training and assessment.
- Ongoing communication with the trainer and assessor
- Ongoing student support provided by the trainer and assessor
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Have the Foundation Skills described such as language, literacy, numeracy and employment
- skills that are essential to performance
Students being able to be physically capable of:
- Performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor.
- Performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface using both hands and wrists as part of the CPR assessment requirements.
On successful completion of the enrolment process, students will undergo an induction program including:
- Introduction to Australian Institute of Leadership and Safety training staff
- Confirmation of the course being delivered.
- The training and assessment procedures including method, format and purpose of.
- Qualifications to be issued
- Student handbook provided
- Assessment is competency based
- The student’s performance is assessed on satisfactory completion of the required assessment and face-to-face workshop assessment activities
Online and telephone support is available throughout the duration of the course.
Students are encouraged to email all their academic enquiries directly to the trainers or the course coordinator One-on-one support is also available on request.
It is Australian institute of Leadership and Safety’s policy that the course fee will be all-inclusive.
Students will not be ‘surprised’ by unexpected requirements, fees or expenses.
Full fee – $179.00
How to apply
Enrolment is initiated by you contacting email@example.com and we will despatch to you by suitable means an enrolment form and literature on the course(s) being considered and any other relevant information.