This one day WorkSafe-approved OHS training course provides HSRs with information to strengthen the knowledge gained from an initial course.
Refresher course content can cover any of the learning outcomes from the initial course. This could include:
- a general update on legislation
- risk management specific to an industry or hazards
- HSR entitlements and powers
- HSR skills development
A HSR and deputy HSR have an entitlement to attend an annual HSR refresher training course (for each year they hold office) as per section 67 of the OHS Act and choose their training course in consultation with their employer.
NOTE: You must complete the Request to Attend WorkSafe Approved Training form and submit it before attending your workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interpret the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its
- relationship to your role as a Health and Safety Representative
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management
process undertaken by the appropriate duty holders
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice and direct the cessation of work
Course Duration and Fees
Refresher training is one day (7 hours, excluding breaks).
Australian Institute of Leadership & Safety recognises that not all people learn in the same manner, and that with an amount of “reasonable adjustment” students who may not learn best with traditional learning will still achieve good results.
Reasonable adjustment may be offered to students with a disability or learning difficulty according to the nature of the disability or difficulty.. Reasonable adjustments may include the use of adaptive technology, educational support.
Should you need support in undertaking this training because of learning difficulties or a disability please contact the Course Coordinator at email@example.com.
Course Date & Enrolment
Face to Face Delivery: