This WorkSafe approved HSR Refresher OHS course is an opportunity to revisit aspects of the HSR Initial OHS Training and refresh their knowledge of:
- The value of being a HSR
- HSR entitlements and powers (skills development)
- Risk Management Concept
A HSR and deputy HSR have an entitlement to attend an annual HSR refresher
training course, for each year they hold per section 67 of the OHS Act and choose their training course in consultation with their employer.
NOTE: You must complete the Request to Attend WorkSafe Approved Training form and submit it before attending your workshop to email@example.com
- Interpret the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its
- relationship to your role as a Health and Safety Representative
- Identify key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establish representation in the workplace
- Participate in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management
process undertaken by the appropriate duty holders
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice and direct the cessation of work
Refresher training is one day (7 hours, excluding breaks).
Australian Institute of Leadership & Safety recognises that not all people learn in the same manner, and that with an amount of “reasonable adjustment” students who may not learn best with traditional learning will still achieve good results.
Reasonable adjustment may be offered to students with a disability or learning difficulty according to the nature of the disability or difficulty.. Reasonable adjustments may include the use of adaptive technology, educational support.
Should you need support in undertaking this training because of learning difficulties or a disability please contact the Course Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Enrolments are accepted any day of the year. To enrol in this course you need to complete, sign the course enrolment form and email it to email@example.com